- April 22nd is Earth Day – Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22. Events are held worldwide to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Click here for newspaper activities.
ECO-SCHOOLS USA: Green Your School Inside, Outside, and Throughout the Curriculum – Eco-Schools USA offers valuable resources to inspire and assist schools in achieving their “green” goals. The program’s framework focuses on action in three main areas: the school building, the school grounds, and the curriculum. The program takes a holistic approach to greening, striving to make environmental awareness and action an intrinsic part of the culture of a school. This program is free. It offers a framework, not a specific curriculum, which helps you take a step-by-step self-guided approach to implementation using resources you already have in place. The program fosters global connections. Importantly for tight district budgets, the program can save thousands of dollars through conservation and reduced energy usage. Learn more and register at: ecoschoolsusa.org.
- Celebrate National Poetry Month – with activity ideas from Scholastic including Writing With Jack Prelutsky: Listen to the nation’s first Children’s Poet Laureate lead students through writing and publishing their own original poem and Poem in Your Pocket Day: Encourage students to copy down their favorite verse or write a new poem of their own and keep it in their pockets to share with friends
- Word Puzzles –
- SAT/ACT Test Prep:
- SAT/ACT Crossword #3 – https://myvocabulary.com/sat-vocabulary/prep-3/crossword/
- Interactive Word Puzzle #10A –https://myvocabulary.com/sat-vocabulary/prep-10/interactive-puzzles/
- SAT Test #9 –https://myvocabulary.com/sat-vocabulary/prep-9/
- iCivics upgraded their Win the White House 2016 game has already gained traction as a hit in classrooms this election season. Play today!
- Visit their Win the White House Page today!
- Challenging your students, your neighbors, friends and even yourself to see how many electoral votes you can get when playing Win the White House 2016 with their Get Your Game On: Can you beat 270? campaign.
Play the game and share your score or game certificate on Twitter using #EducateToParticipate
- Weekly News Driven Questions in the daily paper every Tuesday – Can be found by logging in to your e-edition account.
- Fruity Frozen Yogurt Snacks