- Famous New Yorkers XIV – Each month we will be profiling famous New Yorkers ( 1 per week) who contributed to our state, nation and world. Each profile — targeted toward grades 4-8, will be accompanied by a photograph, locator map and Teachers Guide. This series will last up until Christmas break and skip the week of Thanksgiving. This month we are featuring:
- Persuasive Writing Lesson – In this fun Christmas activity students write to the Grinch describing why they love Christmas (to try to change the Grinch’s mind) Suggest they write this in the form of a newspaper editorial!
Source: HotChalk – Lesson Plans by Teachers for Teachers
- Short Newspaper Activities for any Day’s Edition – Warm-up activities, curriculum extensions, skill builders, literacy games, substitute lessons, or just for fun: this collection of reusable activity sheets in PDF format is one-stop shopping for all of these purposes and more. Each idea can be used with any day’s issue of The New York Times and the daily O-D.
- Holiday Scavenger Hunt
- Pine Cone Science Experiment
- 20 Healthy Holiday Treats for Kids
- Weekly News Driven Questions in the daily paper every Tuesday – Can be found by logging in to your e-edition account.